A pioneer in connected car technology, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) of Waterloo, Ontario is dedicated to developing and commercializing real connected car solutions. The company’s innovative technology includes iLane™, an award-winning human machine interface for in-car media, messaging and location based services as well as DriveSync®, an M2M platform that powers usage-based insurance, road tolling and fleet programs globally. IMS’ unique approach uses both over-the-air and secure, in-car technology that allows drivers to access on-demand content from the cloud such as real-time traffic and music as well as in-car content including emails, text messages and smart telephony apps from your smartphone.
The successful candidate will be a part of a small and diverse team responsible for developing exciting intuitive car connectivity software on mobile platforms.
Why join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program), with no waiting period, Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, Group RRSP, vacation and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
Your role at IMS:
- Build innovative, exceptional and well-engineered mobile applications for a consumer-facing product
- Develop cross-platform mobile applications in both Android and iOS platforms, and develop applications across other major mobile platforms in the near future
- Develop applications optimized for in-vehicle interaction, including voice, touch, and hybrid interfaces.
- Work with QA teams to support testing strategies
- Work with product management, user experience designer, and voice user interface designer to develop and translate mobile experience guidelines across multiple devices and platforms
- Participate in peer analysis and review of concepts, designs, implementations, and interface usability
- Create an appropriate level of documentation targeted to developers (i.e. APIs and mobile phone interfaces)
- Evangelize new models, techniques, and technologies as they emerge, integrating knowledge from multiple sources to bring new solutions to business problems
- Maintain technical ownership of projects, applications and releases, act as liaison to other technical teams, and provide troubleshooting and support as required
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process as required, including analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, deployment and support, taking a leadership role as appropriate
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of software development experience
- A proven track record of Android and iOS platform experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Android OS and iOS
- Hands on experience with cross platform development
- Experience developing applications for in-vehicle use.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, an investigative attitude, and an open mind.
- Driven, passionate, and creative
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing to Bluetooth, WiFi, and phone sensor interfaces
- Familiarity with best practices for security and secure communication techniques
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing with technical teams
- Demonstrative experience in driving development best practices
- Understanding of an Agile/Scrum methodology
How to Contact us:
Email: Send email submissions to email@example.com. Please reference Software Developer – Mobile in the subject of the message.
Direct applications only – no recruitment agencies please.