A pioneer in connected car technology, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) of Waterloo, Ontario is dedicated to developing and commercializing real connected car solutions. The company’s innovative technology includes iLane™, an award-winning human machine interface for in-car media, messaging and location based services as well as DriveSync®, an M2M platform that powers usage-based insurance, road tolling and fleet programs globally. IMS’ unique approach uses both over-the-air and secure, in-car technology that allows drivers to access on-demand content from the cloud such as weather, real-time traffic and music as well as in-car content including emails, text messages and smart telephony apps from your smartphone.
Why join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program), with no waiting period. Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation, and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
Who we are searching for?
The successful candidate will be a motivated individual with a strong foundation developing intuitive software on mobile and desktop platforms. While working with a small and diverse team, the candidate will help design and develop mobile phone software for secure communication with desktop and in-vehicle platforms. Desktop software development is also expected for Mac OS X and Windows targets. Opportunities exist to develop creative solutions to exciting challenges in innovative consumer and automotive solutions.
Your role at IMS:
- Develop and maintain reliable software on current and upcoming mobile phone platforms (Android, iOS, BlackBerry, …)
- Enthusiastically adapt and quickly learn in a rapidly advancing field, including unbiased, justified selections of tools and languages when appropriate
- Participate in peer analysis and review of concepts, designs, implementations, and interface usability
- Create an appropriate level of documentation targeted to developers (i.e. APIs and mobile phone interfaces)
- Develop robust, release quality solutions, including effective use of revision control systems and a solid understanding of the software design lifecycle
- Offer technical support to development and customer care teams as required
- Efficiently manage time and multitask in a dynamic environment to meet evolving development needs as they arise
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- Strong analytical skills, an investigative attitude and an open mind.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven, passionate and creative, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- At least 3 years of C, C++ and Objective-C experience
- At least 3 years experience developing GUI solutions for Mac OS X targets
- C# experience is an asset
- Experience designing intuitive user interfaces
- Knowledge of Bluetooth, WiFi, USB, security and secure communication techniques is an asset
- Highly motivated to automate repetitive tasks
- Experience writing interoperable software linking together diverse platforms and environments
- Familiar with relational databases concepts and SQL queries
- Experience leveraging software quality coding standards and best practices
How to Contact us:
Email: Send email submissions to email@example.com Be sure to reference Software Developer – Mobile and Desktop in the subject of the message to ensure your submission doesn’t go unnoticed.
Back to Careers at IMS