A pioneer in connected car technology, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) of Waterloo, Ontario is dedicated to developing and commercializing real connected car solutions. The company’s innovative technology includes iLane™, an award-winning human machine interface for in-car media, messaging and location based services as well as DriveSync®, an M2M platform that powers usage-based insurance, road tolling and fleet programs globally. IMS’ unique approach uses both over-the-air and secure, in-car technology that allows drivers to access on-demand content from the cloud such as real-time traffic and music as well as in-car content including emails, text messages and smart telephony apps from your smartphone.
The successful candidate will be a part of a small and diverse team responsible for developing exciting intuitive car connectivity software on mobile platforms.
Why join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program), with no waiting period, Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, Group RRSP, vacation and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
Your role at IMS:
- Build innovative, exceptional and well-engineered mobile applications for a consumer-facing product
- Develop cross-platform mobile applications in both Android and iOS platforms, and develop applications across other major mobile platforms in the near future
- Develop applications optimized for in-vehicle interaction, including voice, touch, and hybrid interfaces.
- Work with QA teams to support testing strategies
- Work with product management, user experience designer, and voice user interface designer to develop and translate mobile experience guidelines across multiple devices and platforms
- Participate in peer analysis and review of concepts, designs, implementations, and interface usability
- Create an appropriate level of documentation targeted to developers (i.e. APIs and mobile phone interfaces)
- Evangelize new models, techniques, and technologies as they emerge, integrating knowledge from multiple sources to bring new solutions to business problems
- Maintain technical ownership of projects, applications and releases, act as liaison to other technical teams, and provide troubleshooting and support as required
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process as required, including analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, deployment and support, taking a leadership role as appropriate
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of software development experience
- A proven track record of Android and iOS platform experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Android OS and iOS
- Hands on experience with cross platform development
- Experience developing applications for in-vehicle use.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, an investigative attitude, and an open mind.
- Driven, passionate, and creative
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing to Bluetooth, WiFi, and phone sensor interfaces
- Familiarity with best practices for security and secure communication techniques
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing with technical teams
- Demonstrative experience in driving development best practices
- Understanding of an Agile/Scrum methodology
How to Contact us:
Email: Send email submissions to email@example.com. Please reference Software Developer – Mobile in the subject of the message.
Direct applications only – no recruitment agencies please.
At IMS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. IMS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.