We’re a cohesive team working towards a common goal. We’re a leader in connected car technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. Our innovative approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
Why join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Work on a product that makes a difference in people’s lives
- Flexible work hours, Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care, RRSP, and employee assistance program), with no waiting period. Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets, and public transportation
The successful candidate will be a part of a growing team developing mobile applications on Android and iOS platforms to support programs related to connected vehicle intelligence and usage-based insurance. This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
Your role at IMS:
- Build innovative, exceptional and well-engineered mobile applications for a consumer-facing product
- Develop cross-platform mobile applications in both Android and iOS platforms
- Create and implement algorithms for detecting driving activity, driver behavior scoring, and other driver analytics.
- Develop applications optimized for in-vehicle interaction through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Work with QA teams to support testing strategies
- Work with product management, and user experience designers to develop and translate mobile experience guidelines across multiple devices and platforms
- Participate in peer analysis and review of concepts, designs, implementations, and interface usability
- Create an appropriate level of documentation targeted to developers (i.e. APIs and mobile phone interfaces)
- Evangelize new models, techniques, and technologies as they emerge, integrating knowledge from multiple sources to bring new solutions to problems
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process as required, including analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, deployment and support
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of software development experience
- A proven track record of Android or iOS platform experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Android OS or iOS
- Hands on experience with cross platform development is an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, an investigative attitude, and an open mind.
- Driven, passionate, and creative
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing to Bluetooth, WiFi, and phone sensor interfaces is nice to have
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing with technical teams
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team
How to Contact us:
Email: Send email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference Software Developer – Mobile in the subject of the message to ensure your submission doesn’t go unnoticed.
Direct applications only – no recruitment agencies please.
At IMS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. IMS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.