Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in Connected Car™ technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
Why join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program), with no waiting period. Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
Who we are searching for:
The successful candidate will be a motivated individual with a demonstrated foundation of robust server infrastructure development in successful large scale deployments. While working with a small and diverse team, the candidate will help design and develop server-based solutions to manage services and content with industry-leading in-vehicle solutions and mobile platforms. Independent, self-driven development is essential, in addition to the ability to interact well in a team environment to transfer knowledge and participate in peer reviews. Opportunities exist to develop creative solutions to exciting challenges in innovative consumer and automotive solutions
Your role at IMS:
- Design and development of large-scale enterprise software applications on Java/AWS platform with our Infotainment and Telematics platforms.
- Responsible for developing and optimizing secure, scalable, and maintainable database designs for use on major database engines/MongoDB
- Interpretation of business and product requirements
- Experience adhering and enforcing strict software quality coding standards and best practices
- Offer technical support to testing & validation and product support teams as required
- Research, adapt and make recommendations for a rapidly evolving product line which may including unbiased, justified selections of tools and languages when appropriate
- Adhere to Agile design principles
- Develop scalable, secure, and maintainable solutions for managing personal data between internal and external services and mobile devices. Solutions may involve mobile phone and server infrastructure development, with both transparent data exchanges and intuitive graphical user interfaces
- Participate in peer analysis and review of concepts, designs, implementations, and interface usability
- Develop both rapid prototypes and robust, release quality solutions, including effective use of revision control systems and a solid understanding of the software design lifecycle
Skills you bring to IMS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
- Minimum of 5 years working with Java/JEE development
- Practical experience in design and development of Java and Java EE applications using Web services, Dependency Injection, POJO, REST
- Experience developing with 3rd party API’s such as Facebook, Twitter
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying web-based mobile phone applications
- Experience developing robust and maintainable database driven web-based software using rapid development frameworks and Java where appropriate
- Experience developing and optimizing secure, scalable, and maintainable database designs for use on major database engines
- Experience in modeling object oriented designs; data, object, component
- Skilled using relational databases (i.e. MySQL), ORM technologies (i.e. Hibernate) and SQL
- Knowledge of Open Source: Application Servers (i.e. Jetty), Web Servers (Apache), IDE’s (Eclipse), source control (i.e. SVN)
- Ability to prioritize work and participate in a number of projects simultaneously
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Build and maintain cooperative work relationships with others
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Practical experience developing enterprise software on an open source technology stack
- Ability to adhere to strict software quality coding standards and best practice
Desirable assets in this position include:
- Experience developing extensions/plug-ins and integrating with collaboration or groupware servers, third-party web-mail systems, popular email clients, and GIS + mapping systems.
- Familiarity with voice user interfaces and mobile voice-enabled solutions
- Experience using scripting languages to automate tasks where appropriate
- Proficiency with both Unix-like and Windows environments
- Development experience in mobile device environments
- JQuery experience
- Bootstrap experience
How to Contact us:
Send email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference Software Developer, Full Stack (Web) in the subject of the message.