Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in Connected Car™ technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
Why Join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program) with no waiting period, Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation, and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking; close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
Who We Are Searching For:
We are seeking a motivated individual to design and develop large-scale enterprise software applications on a Java/JEE platform with our telematics device, DriveSync. While working with a diverse team, you will leverage best practices for application design to produce high quality, production solutions.
Your Role at IMS:
- Design and development of large-scale enterprise software applications on a Java/JEE platform with our telematics device
- Responsible for developing and optimizing secure, scalable, and maintainable database designs for use on major database engines
- Interpretation of business and product requirements
- Experience adhering and enforcing strict software quality coding standards and best practices
- Offer technical support to testing & validation and product support teams as required
- Research, adapt and make recommendations for a rapidly evolving product line which may including unbiased, justified selections of tools and languages when appropriate
- Adhere to Agile design principles
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- 7+ years working with Java/JEE development
- Practical experience in design and development of Java and Java EE applications using EJB3, JPA, Web services, JMS, Dependency Injection, POJO
- Experience in modeling object oriented designs; data, object, component
- Skilled using relational databases (i.e. MySQL), ORM technologies (i.e. Hibernate) and SQL
- Knowledge of Open Source: Application Servers (i.e. Glassfish, JBoss), Web Servers (Apache), IDE’s (Eclipse), source control (i.e. SVN)
- Ability to prioritize work and participate in a number of projects simultaneously
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Candidate must be comfortable: providing subject matter expertise, and driving clarification on business needs
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
- GPS experience is an asset
- Linux working experience is preferred
- Practical experience developing enterprise software on an open source technology stack
- Ability to adhere to strict software quality coding standards and best practice
How to Contact Us:
Email: Send email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to reference Senior Java Developer (JEE) in the subject of the message to ensure your submission doesn’t go unnoticed.
Back to Careers at IMS