Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in Connected Car™ technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
Why join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program), with no waiting period. Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation, and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
Who we are searching for:
Highly motivated, aggressive self-starter with a solid background in networking and security administration. This individual will configure, deploy, and maintain all network based components for multiple product groups and production environments within the IMS organization. This individual will establish/maintain relationships with all third party vendors related to network and security deployment, and provide technical support to IMS product management in developing network solutions as required to meet customer demands.
Your role at IMS:
- Manage and/or maintain network architecture of enterprise wide environments
- Administer and support hosted and/or co-located production environments for various product groups
- Monitoring and security of corporate, production, staging, development, and quality assurance sites including Antivirus and Spam Filters
- Maintain relationship with vendors of networking hardware and hosting providers
- Promote new versions, upgrades, and bug fixes to production environment, ensuring the promote process is followed and documented
- Monitoring of production and corporate network uptime through our network monitoring tools
- Collection of statistical data used in monitoring and evaluating performance of production environments throughout the company as required
- Monitoring of logs for suspect activity, set-up and maintenance of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), firewalls, etc.
- Support production environment on an on-call basis in case of emergencies
- Participate in security audits
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in related field, with proven history in network design and implementation
- Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Proficiency with Brocade, HP ProCurve and Cisco switches
- Strong understanding of Cisco Firewalls and VPN connectivity
- Experience configuring and setting up robust network operations facilities that are: scalable, enabled for safe failover, load balanced and secure
- F5 load balancer experience an asset
- Exposure to managing VoIP solutions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to interact with others in a team environment
- Willingness to learn
- Experience with ISO27001 and ITIL v3 are an asset
- CCNA Security/CCNP Security is an asset
- Flexibility to respond to emergencies after hours
How to Contact us:
Email: Send email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Network Administrator in the subject of the message.
Direct applications only – no recruitment agencies please.