Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in Connected Car™ technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
Why Join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program) with no waiting period, Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking; close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
Who We Are Searching For:
The successful candidate will be a part of a small and diverse team responsible for developing exciting intuitive car connectivity software. He/she will leverage best practices for application design to produce high quality, production solutions.
Your Role at IMS:
- Design and development of large-scale enterprise software applications on a AWS (Amazon webserver) platform with our telematics device, DriveSync
- Responsible for developing and optimizing secure, scalable, and maintainable database designs for use on major database engines
- Interpretation of business and product requirements and closely work with the product manager
- Experience adhering and enforcing strict software quality coding standards and best practices
- Offer technical support to testing & validation and product support teams as required
- Research, adapt and make recommendations for a rapidly evolving product line which may including unbiased, justified selections of tools and languages when appropriate
- Adhere to Agile design principles
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- 3 – 5 years working with Java development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
- Experience in modeling object oriented designs; data, object, component
- Skilled using relational databases (i.e. MySQL), ORM technologies (i.e. Hibernate) and SQL
- Knowledge of Open Source: Application Servers (i.e. Jetty), Web Servers (Apache), IDE’s (Eclipse), source control (i.e. SVN)
- Ability to prioritize work and participate in a number of projects simultaneously
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Practical experience developing enterprise software on an open source technology stack
- Ability to adhere to strict software quality coding standards and best practice
How to Contact Us:
Email: Send email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference Software Developer in the subject heading of the message.
Back to Careers at IMS