Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in Connected Car™ technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
Why join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program), with no waiting period. Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation and Group RRSP
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
Who we are searching for:
Reporting to the Director, Sales, you will be responsible for acquiring new business as well as managing and leveraging existing clientele across Canada. You will help us promote our M2M and HMI solutions for Young Drivers, Fleets and related targets and verticals throughout Canada.
As such, you will have a history of providing a consultative sales approach to clients with a long sales cycle. In addition, selling technology solutions to senior executives at automotive insurance companies in Canada and beyond would be a great asset in this role. Strong business acumen and sales development skills are also required to build revenue growth and to ensure that IMS remains a leading telematics services provider.
Your role at IMS:
- In collaboration with Sales Leadership, develop and implement a sales plan including objectives, goals, strategies and measures for Canada.
- Drive sales to meet and exceed quarterly sales and profitability targets.
- Effectively draw upon IMS resources throughout the sales and business development process to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at all times.
- Engage with Product Management, Marketing, Finance and Legal to win and close competitive deals including responding to RFI’s, RFP’s as well as completion of Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work etc.
- Stay abreast of competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position IMS in the marketplace, gather and process market and competitive business intelligence.
- Collaborate with IMS R&D in the development of new technology opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and quality sales records and prepare sales and activity reports as required.
- As an experienced presenter, lead business case workshops, collaborate on the development of client testimonials and white papers, and lead multi-stakeholder and executive interviews.
- Represent IMS at trade shows, events and customer/partner forums.
Skills you bring to IMS:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience selling software technology solutions, ideally in telematics.
- Experience in selling to auto insurance companies, wireless carriers, fleets or related industries is a definite asset.
- A consultative sales approach involving complex technology products with a long sales cycle.
- Proven track record of success meeting and exceeding revenue and margin targets.
- Strong business acumen and judgement with an ability to assess risks and to plan and execute mitigation measures.
- Proven track record of cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing and technical management.
- Ability to work independently and with a team with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
- Relevant Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
How to Contact us:
Send email with resume to email@example.com Be sure to reference Enterprise Account Executive – Canada in the subject of the message.