A pioneer in connected car technology, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) of Waterloo, Ontario is dedicated to developing and commercializing real connected car solutions. The company’s innovative technology includes iLane™, an award-winning human machine interface (HMI) for in-car media, messaging and location based services as well as DriveSync®, a machine to machine (M2M) platform that powers usage-based insurance, road tolling and fleet programs globally. IMS’ unique approach uses both over-the-air and secure, in-car technology that allows drivers to access on-demand content from the cloud such as weather, real-time traffic and music as well as in-car content including emails, text messages and smart telephony apps from your smartphone.
Why join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program), with no waiting period. Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation, and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
Who we are searching for:
Reporting to the COO, the Director, Product Management drives product vision, strategy and execution for the IMS product portfolio, in close collaboration with the Product Development, Sales, Operations and Marketing units and other key stakeholders of the business. This includes defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product requirements, developing and delivering go to market strategy, and working closely with development, marketing, sales, corporate and customer care teams to ensure financial and service delivery performance goals are met.
Your role at IMS:
- Determine market needs, develop business plans and strategic objectives, create business cases, product specifications and determine product positioning.
- Manage requirements gathering and documentation, translating requirements into user story formats and working with Product Development and Engineering stakeholder teams to prioritize their inclusion in development releases.
- Develop, maintain, and prioritize the go to market strategy.
- Collaborate with Marketing to define and deliver marketing programs and materials.
- Work with Sales to develop new markets, train on product features and assist in winning major accounts.
- Develop comprehensive product P&Ls and ensure financial targets are met.
- Develop, maintain and prioritize the product roadmap and feature requests.
- Co-ordinate user acceptance testing criteria, work with design and operations teams to facilitate user acceptance testing.
- Work with Customer Care to provide prompt, comprehensive field support regarding application and use of products on a daily basis.
- Regularly interact with customers through site visits, showroom presentations, professional societies and tradeshow activities.
- Maintain product playbooks, performance metrics and regular status reports as part of product launch and operation responsibilities.
Skills you bring to IMS:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing or related field; MBA an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible product management experience, ideally within the mobile or telematics industry.
- Specific, real world examples of successful, profitable products.
- Exceptional track-record of driving the development and go to market strategy for products within this industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with effective presentation skills.
- Well-developed leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with diverse personalities.
- Industry knowledge, with experience in high growth similarly sized-organizations.
How to Contact us:
Email: Send email submissions to email@example.com with Director, Product Management in the subject.
Back to Careers at IMS