Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in Connected Car™ technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
Why Join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program), with no waiting period. Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation, and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
Your Role at IMS:
As the Director of Finance you will be responsible for financial reporting, tax and treasury management, risk management, financial and operational analysis including modeling, strategic planning, internal controls, auditing and providing leadership to the Finance Team.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems and Financial Controls:
- Oversee external audit, review and analyze results and recommend for approval the Audited Financial Statements.
- Prepare financial section of annual report.
- Ensure timely completion of federal SR&ED Tax credit claims.
- Oversee the Cash Management function, including banking relationships.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and oversee the Internal Review function to ensure that finance and operations controls and policies are complied with and ensure effective follow-up processes are in place.
- Manage the payroll function, ensuring efficient systems, process and controls.
- Manage the financial system, ensuring maximum productivity and that it meets the needs of the operation.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of Accounting and Financial processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models.
- Manage stock options, share register maintenance, monthly reporting.
Cash and Risk Management:
- Responsible for the management of the Insurance and Risk Management program.
- Oversee the annual insurance renewal process and ensure appropriate coverage is maintained at all times.
- Ensure appropriate legal review of contracts and review financials of preferred vendors.
- Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long term cash forecast.
Budgeting and Financial Modeling:
- Lead the annual business plan development and budgeting process.
- Lead the quarterly outlook process.
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to business partners.
- Lead the financial modeling and analysis to support the development of long term strategic initiatives and business plans.
- Responsible to coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to Management and Board of Directors (presentations on financial performance, projections and other special projects as needed).
- Ensure financial management reporting tools and process are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the business.
- Develop Finance and Accounting team goals that are fully aligned with business goals.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support, set professional development plans to assist the team to reach their full potential through the Performance Management process.
- Ensure the team delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental and cross foundation teamwork and customer service.
Skills, Experience, and Education Requirements:
CA, CGA, CMA designation, MBA a definite asset.
Director of Finance experience 3 – 5 years minimum.
Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
An effective communicator at all levels of the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a collaborative style.
How to Contact Us:
Email: Send email submissions to email@example.com. Please be sure to reference “Director of Finance” in the subject of the message.