Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in telematics and infotainment technologies, including the convergence of both technologies in delivering the ultimate Connected Car™ experience. The company’s innovations are pioneering the Connected Car™ category while adding more purpose to every journey by making drivers smarter, safer and greener.
IMS is privately held with approximately 100 employees distributed across key engineering and support centers in the United States, Canada and the Middle East. IMS headquarters are located in Waterloo, Ontario, the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. IMS was founded in 1999 by Dr. Otman Basir, a leading intelligent systems expert, and the company’s CEO, President and technology visionary.
From its early success in developing automotive safety products, IMS is dedicated to vehicle safety and intelligence, evolving beyond vehicle component applications to include industry-leading, award winning connected vehicle solutions that greatly enhance driver behavior, improve productivity and make it safer for drivers to acquire and manage critical information efficiently whenever required.
Through continuous innovation and forward-looking innovations, IMS had developed a portfolio of more than 130 patents and patents-pending across a diverse range of technologies throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Australia. IMS is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 registered, ISO 27000 compliant, and has a strong relationship with multiple universities for joint research projects and advancement of core technologies. The IMS DriveSync® platform builds on over a decade of IMS proprietary technology and research and development conducted within IMS.
Key IMS Facts
- We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle.
- We have over 100 highly qualified employees driving innovation through ongoing research and development.
- We have over 130 patents for informatics, driver analytics, vehicle safety and more.
- We are focused on quality – it’s in our DNA. We are both ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified, as well as compliant in a number of other quality credentials as well, including ISO 27000.
- We enable Usage-based Insurance (UBI) with 8 of the top 25 US auto insurance carriers.
- We are a member of ITS America, ITS Canada, ngConnect and APMA Connected Vehicle Group
- We are the recipient of numerous internal awards.
- We participate in joint research projects with the University of Waterloo and Queens University, in partnership with the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC). Examples of current joint research efforts include pattern analysis and machine intelligence, as well as service networks for connected vehicles. These projects will enable us to continue to lead technological innovation for connected vehicles in delivering the industry’s best and ultimate Connected Car™ experience.
Why Choose IMS
At Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS), our business is putting people over technology. We innovate for the greater good – engineering real solutions for real people in the world. Our solutions are designed with you in mind – so that you can grow too. Grow your vision, your services, your customer base, and ultimately, your business. We pride ourselves on being your most supportive partner – a reliable teammate and champion of your achievements – because your success is our success. We provide more purpose to every life journey by delivering products and services that enable drivers to be smarter, safer, greener and more productive. Most of all, we want to help your customers realize this purpose too.
Why IMS is your #1 partner:
- We focus on relationships, not transactions
- We are committed to your success and your customers’ satisfaction
- We provide innovative solutions based on customer needs
- We offer products that will grow with your business and your customers
Our Quality Commitment
At IMS, quality is in our DNA. It is in everything we do – from the way we design and create our products, to the way we ship them, and embedded in our methods of marketing and selling them.
In our quest to provide confidence and world-class Connected Car™ solutions to you and all our customers, we insist on quality at every turn. After all, our mandate to make vehicles safer, smarter and greener depends on the highest of standards! To ensure these high standards, we’ve sought to qualify our best-in-class status with internationally recognized designations, as well as continuous assessment and improvement plans that see regular updates to all of our processes.
To date, our certifications include the following:
ISO 9001:2008 Certified: a well-known certification standard that validates we have proven, consistent quality practices built into our products, as well as all company output. Customers can be assured that quality is built-in from start to finish – delivering a solid and overall satisfying experience.
ISO 14001:2004 Certified: as a company whose goal is to make drivers safer, smarter and greener, we are always sure to practice what we preach. The ISO 14001:2004 credential assures customers that we are an environmentally focused company – we consider the environmental impact of everything we do, using recyclable and green materials in all that we produce while keeping a very green environment within our head office.
IMS continually seeks out industry-best quality certifications in the spirit of continuous quality improvement – and we will be adding to these important designations in the future. What this means to you is that you can be assured that IMS is delivering you products and services constructed at the very highest standards for quality.
Below, you’ll find the IMS Quality Policy, our internally produced guidelines that help focus us in the pursuit of quality across the board.
The IMS Quality Policy
Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is committed to:
- Maintaining our position as a global market leader in the development of advanced sensing, telematics and telecommunications solutions that make vehicles safer, smarter and greener
- World-class mechatronic engineering through all stages of product development: design, manufacturing, testing, delivery, installation, service & support
- Embracing changes and challenges with passion, collaboration and open communication
- Continuous measurement and assessment of improvements in our systems, products and personnel with the goal of exceeding customer expectations
- Providing a safe, healthy, and motivating workplace for all IMS employees