Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in connected car technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, the company’s innovations are pioneering the connected car category and revolutionizing the way people travel.
IMS’ DriveSync platform leads the way in leveraging the Internet of Things (IoT) to deliver a safe, seamless user experience. From an IoT perspective, DriveSync leverages current, and future, devices, infrastructure, and data with advanced analytics to provide intelligent services to drivers. For more information on our connected car technology vision that is being realized today, visit DriveSync Connected Car Platform.
IMS is privately held with over 140 employees distributed across key engineering and support centers in North America, Europe and the Middle East. IMS headquarters are located in Waterloo, Ontario, the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. IMS was founded in 1999 by Dr. Otman Basir, a leading intelligent systems expert, and the company’s CEO, President and technology visionary.
From our early success in developing automotive safety products, IMS is dedicated to vehicle safety and intelligence, evolving beyond vehicle component applications to include industry-leading, award-winning connected vehicle solutions that greatly enhance driver behavior, improve productivity and make it safer for drivers to acquire and manage critical information efficiently whenever required.
Through continuous innovation and forward-looking innovations, IMS has developed a portfolio of +200 connected car patents and patents-pending across a diverse range of technologies worldwide. IMS is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 registered, ISO 27000 compliant, and has a strong relationship with multiple universities for joint research projects and advancement of core technologies. The DriveSync® connected car platform builds on over a decade of IMS proprietary technology and research and development conducted within IMS.
Key IMS Facts
- We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle.
- We have over 140 highly qualified employees driving innovation through ongoing research and development.
- We have +200 connected car patents and patents-pending for informatics, driver analytics, vehicle safety and more.
- We are quality focused – it’s in our DNA. We are both ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified, as well as compliant in a number of other quality credentials, including ISO 27000.
- We are a member of ITS America, ITS Canada, ngConnect and APMA Connected Vehicle Group.
- We are the recipient of numerous industry awards.
- We participate in joint research projects with the University of Waterloo and Queen’s University, in partnership with the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC). (Examples of current joint research efforts include pattern analysis and machine intelligence, as well as service networks for connected vehicles. These projects will enable us to continue to lead technological innovation for connected vehicles in delivering the industry’s best and ultimate connected car experience.)
Why Choose IMS
Transforming the vehicle experience by humanizing the relationship between you and the vehicle.
Deliver innovative traveler-centric connected vehicle services combining telematics, infotainment, and data intelligence to make transportation safer, smarter, and greener.
Why IMS is Your #1 Partner:
- We focus on relationships, not transactions
- We are committed to your success and your customers’ satisfaction
- We provide innovative solutions based on customer needs
- We offer products that will grow with your business and your customers
Our Quality Commitment
At IMS, quality is in our DNA. It is in everything we do; from the way we design and create our products, to the way we ship them, and embedded in our methods of marketing and selling them.
In our quest to provide confidence and world-class connected car solutions to you and all our customers, we insist on quality at every turn. After all, our mandate to make vehicles safer, smarter and greener depends on the highest of standards! To ensure these high standards, we’ve sought to qualify our best-in-class status with internationally recognized designations, as well as continuous assessment and improvement plans that see regular updates to all of our processes.
To date, our certifications include the following:
ISO 9001:2008 Certified: A well-known certification standard that validates we have proven, consistent quality practices built into our products, as well as all company output. Customers can be assured that quality is built-in from start to finish, helping us deliver a solid and overall satisfying experience.
ISO 14001:2004 Certified: As a company whose goal is to make drivers safer, smarter and greener, we are always sure to practice what we preach. The ISO 14001:2004 credential assures customers that we are an environmentally focused company. We consider the environmental impact of everything we do, using recyclable and green materials in all that we produce while keeping a very green environment within our head office.
IMS continually seeks out industry-best quality certifications in the spirit of continuous quality improvement and we will be adding to these important designations in the future. What this means to you is that you can be assured that IMS is delivering you products and services constructed at the very highest standards for quality.
The IMS Quality Policy
Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. is committed to:
- Striving to be the global market leader in the development of advanced sensing, telematics, telecommunications and advanced data analytics solutions that make vehicles safer, smarter and greener.
- World-class IoT solution development through design, testing, delivery, installation, service and support.
- Embracing changes and challenges with diversity, integrity, innovation, commitment and trust.
- Continuous measurement and assessment of improvements in our systems, products, and personnel with the goals of meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Providing a safe, healthy, and motivating workplace for all IMS employees.
Our Environmental Policy
Our ongoing commitment to creating safer, smarter, and greener solutions includes continuous improvement of our environmental management system (EMS) relevant to the scope of our activities. These activities comply with all applicable federal, provincial, and local environmental laws, regulations, and customer requirements.
IMS implements, documents, maintains, and monitors processes dedicated to waste minimization, sustainability, and the prevention of pollution, including products, activities, equipment, materials, methods, and employee interactions that may impact upon the environment.
Our environmental policy, targets and objectives are reviewed annually by our corporate leaders and communicated to all IMS employees.