As a driven, cohesive team working towards a common goal, we like the term “Intellimec’ because it combines intelligence and purpose in an innovative way. ‘Intell’ comes from the word intelligence, representing our goal of helping drivers become smarter and safer at their task. ‘Mec’ is a French Canadian term that literally translates to ‘dudes.’ So at IMS, we’ve come to embrace the moniker ‘Intellimecs’ as a telling description … we are ‘intelligent dudes’ with a purpose. Intellimecs specialize in the research and development of innovative solutions in the areas of telematics, automotive safety and mobile media.
WATERLOO JOB OPENINGS
U.S. JOB OPENINGS
IMS a long term participant in cooperative education programs,and has recently received a co-op Top Employer award by the University of Waterloo.
Some facts about Co-op positions at IMS:
- Job positions are primarily with the Engineering, IT and Emerging Technologies departments
- Approximately 15% of our R&D team is comprised of co-op positions
- We are committed to hiring and training all levels of co-op students, including first-term
Co-op Job Openings:
For the latest available positions at IMS, please refer to your academic institution’s co-op job postings.
As Intellimecs, we share a common set of values that defines us as a first-class organization. They include:
- Dependable – We trust and respect our customers, partners and most of all, each other.
- Driven – We are passionate, curious and restless in the pursuit of what it possible.
- Fair – We are effective communicators who listen as much as we speak, and work together in harmony through all aspects of our business.
- Forthright – We are open and direct, although respectful in our dealings with others.